Dental Services Santa Rosa
Preventative Dentistry Santa Rosa
Preventative dentistry is the area of dentistry aimed to help people prevent oral disease and its further development. Preventative dentistry includes not just in-office dental care, but at-home treatments as well.
Some examples of at-home treatments include:
- Regular brushing – the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends brushing two times a day and directly after meals, when possible.
- Regular flossing – the ADA recommends flossing at least once a day.
- Rinsing with anti-bacterial mouth wash – recommended after each brushing
Some examples of preventative dentistry you might receive in-office include:
- Prophylaxis (cleaning of the teeth- removes built up calculus (plaque).
- Inspection of the teeth, mouth, and gums- using visual and tactile exams, x-rays, and oral cancer screening, the overall health and presence of oral cancer can be revealed.